Breaking news: A striker from Norway who has been connected with the Magpies, Alexander Isak, has been criticized by a former star of Newcastle United

What’s going on at Newcastle United right now as the Magpies get ready to meet Liverpool in their first home game of the season on Monday night.
Someone who used to play for Newcastle United has called Alexander Isak’s position on his future there “an absolute farce.”

The Sweden international had become a fan favorite at St. James’ Park after having a great time with United after taking a club record transfer from Real Sociedad. Isak has been very important in helping Newcastle qualify for the Champions League twice, and he scored the game-winning goal in last year’s 2-1 win over Liverpool in the Carabao Cup final, ending the Magpies’ 70-year wait for a big domestic trophy.

However, Isak has made himself unavailable for first team play because the Reds are still interested in him. He is currently working alone after releasing an angry statement saying promises had been broken and that he had lost trust in the Magpies. With one week left in the summer transfer window, it looks less likely that Isak will get the move he wants. This is because United would need to sign two new players, and Liverpool is said to be demanding £150 million over the next seven days.

Shaka Hislop, a former goalkeeper for Newcastle United, criticized Isak’s behavior. He called the striker’s comments earlier this week “ridiculous” and said he didn’t understand what the former Borussia Dortmund forward was doing.


Breaking news: A striker from Norway who has been connected with the Magpies, Alexander Isak, has been criticized by a former star of Newcastle United

He told ESPN, “You don’t train at your old club, you don’t miss pre-season, and you don’t stay away from the football club.”

“Then, in the middle of August, take a moral high ground.” You’ve given up that. If you’re going to do that, then do it and own it. You can’t change your mind six weeks later and say you’re better than them now. I don’t get Alexander Isak’s point of view or that stupid thing he said on social media, wherever it was posted. I don’t know who is giving him advice because he couldn’t have gotten this more wrong. There is no truth to it at all.

Magpies are interested in a former Crystal Palace striker

Newcastle has been unsuccessful in their efforts to sign at least one new forward, including Joao Pedro, Liam Delap, and Benjamin Sesko.

 

There is still interest in Yoane Wissa, but reports say they are losing hope in their attempts to get Brentford to allow the move, even though the forward wasn’t in their team for Saturday’s win at home against Aston Villa. Newcastle has been linked with a number of players in recent weeks. Now, a new player is being talked about after reports in Spain said the Magpies were thinking about a move for Alexander Sorloth, a Norwegian international.

The story says that Atletico Madrid in La Liga will let the former Crystal Palace striker leave before the end of the summer transfer window, but they will need to be paid around £30 million before they will let the deal go through. Sorloth has also been linked to Spurs and Napoli. He scored in his team’s draw at home against Elche on Saturday.







Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*